[lbo-talk] Perhaps Robert Gibbs needs a drug test.

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 14:32:31 PDT 2010

Someone on one of these lists made the point about the professional middle so I borrowed it!

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6496258-perhaps-robert-gibbs-should-be-drug-tested

Why should leftists in the U.S. be pleased with a Canadian Health Care System? If they are they are being very pragmatic in their aims. The U.S. is ranked 37th of 190 countries by WHO in 2000. Canada is merely seven rankings up at 30th. I suppose the really drugged up left probably aim for something like the French or Italian systems which are first and second. Even Norway at number eleven with a great drug program would be a big improvement on Canada. What needs to happen is that the U.S. take a reality check and reallise that the U.S. system is not number one in the world except perhaps in cost as a percentage of GDP. I doubt that the Obama so-called health reforms have changed that much." On issues such as the Afghanistan war and drone attacks Obama is actually more gung ho than Bush was. The military tribunals that were supposed to be such a travesty of justice during the Bush era are now new and improved under Obama and busy trying a fifteen year old child soldier for murder because he defended himself in an attack by U.S. special forces. Of course Obama outlawed torture, sort of, but has not outlawed rendition another Bush policy. Petraeus was big during the Bush years and is now in charge in Afghanistan after Obama fired his own appointee! Seems to me too that Defense Secretary Robert Gates might have been appointed by bad old Bush. One could go on and on but wait I need to smoke a joint first. I think the problem with Gibbs is that he is part of the Professional Middle.
>From this site:
""White House press secretary Robert Gibbs has taken vitriolic aim at an unexpected target: the "professional left" for being unnecessarily harsh on U.S. President Barack Obama and pushing for something as outrageous as a Canadian-style health-care system.

"They will be satisfied when we have Canadian health care and we've eliminated the Pentagon," the normally affable Gibbs says in an explosive interview published Tuesday in the congressional newspaper The Hill. "That's not reality."Those on the left who claim Obama as president isn't much different than George W. Bush, he added, "ought to be drug-tested." ""

*