[lbo-talk] Could the Professional Left on this list please stand up? ; -)

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:21:18 PDT 2010

Marv Gandall -----

> Congressman Keith, one of my proteges.

================= In what way?

^^^^ CB: He was a student intern in about 1987, and I taught him some "professional left" a,b, c's.

"Keith Ellison, the third of five sons, was born and raised a Roman Catholic[8] in Detroit, Michigan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison_(politician)

Keith Ellison (politician)

Keith Ellison

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Minnesota's 5th district Incumbent Assumed office January 3, 2007 Preceded by Martin Olav Sabo

Born August 4, 1963 (1963-08-04) (age 47) Detroit, Michigan Political party Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party Spouse(s) Kim Ellison Children Amirah Ellison Jeremiah Ellison Elijah Ellison Isaiah Ellison Residence Minneapolis, Minnesota Alma mater Wayne State University, University of Minnesota Occupation Attorney Religion Sunni Islam Website Congressman Keith Ellison Keith Maurice Ellison (born August 4, 1963) is an American lawyer, politician, and a Democrat. He became the first Muslim[1][2] to be elected to the United States Congress when he won the open seat for Minnesota's 5th congressional