[lbo-talk] Chris Maisano: The Unemployed Are Getting Restless

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 21:38:08 PDT 2010

By the by, the new trend in hi tech companies is no vacation.

I mean, theoretically there's vacation, if your manager agrees that the company can afford your taking time off.

I'm not kidding. And this is still in a "growth" area with fairly aggressive recruiting....

If you're lucky, you get a decent mgr who actually lets you take some vacation; but either way, there's nothing to accumulate and nothing to pay you for if you decide to leave the company.

J.