[lbo-talk] Read Ayn Rand

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 13 09:40:07 PDT 2010

123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Actually, every one of you should read Ayn Rand. Fountainhead is the better book, but Atlas Shrugged is the full demented ball of wax.
>
> You should read it to understand the whole phenomenon, which is not going away any time soon.

Pish. Really. I don't see any reason whatever to read her. (And I didn't see any reason during the years when I had eyes.)

What is this phenomenon your are talking about.?

Rand merely provides one of the vocabularies in which some people can formualte what they would be doing anyhow had she never eixsted. Vocabularies to expresds the (presumed) interest of those in power are never lacking.

Carrol