[lbo-talk] Read Ayn Rand

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 21:01:11 PDT 2010

Yes but the interesting about Rand is that the people who espouse her "philosophy" believe themselves to be intellectuals. So, it's interesting to see what it is that appeals to them particularly: her emphasis on creative work, the workaholism of her characters, she's a closet Capitalist stakhanovite for the professional class.

j ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek S" <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 12:43:56 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Read Ayn Rand

[WS:] I am with Carrol on this. There is a lot of bullshit in the world, far more than a person's mind can merely process, let alone analyze and judge, in the life time. Why wasting time on reading something that is based on demonstrably false assumptions? The main claim of this diatribe - that all achievements were created by individuals working independently from or against the social group of which they are a part is as ridiculous as a statement that the Earth is flat and the center of the universe . There are no doubt many people who earnestly believe this bullshit, but is it worthwhile to give it even a second of serious thought?

Wojtek