[lbo-talk] profits

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:03:52 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Me, I was bent at an early age by Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom. If
> only we had a book that good.

This strikes me as very quotable. Reminds of that great Irving Kristol line (from Corey Robin's piece) about American conservatism's lack of political imagination, where he essentially refers American conservatives to Marx. Not (to go to Carrol's point) as a way of "understanding the enemy," but as a way of understanding what it means to have political imagination. Indeed, one wonders if Kristol didn't have Rand specifically in mind when he said it. . . I'd want to check the timing on it.