[lbo-talk] profits

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 17 15:58:51 PDT 2010

At 03:25 PM 8/17/2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I would sit peddle away on an exercycle and read
> > Smith! I reread _Theories of Surplus Value_ the same way during another
> > seige of depression.
>
>Wow, all bouts of depression should be so productive.

Nice to hear reading described as productive.

Once in Spain during intermission at a concert I was leaning against a wall reading one of those little pocket books Penguin puts out sometimes. A woman in her 80s told me I was going to heaven because god would see I didn't waste time.

Here you're more likely to hear that reading *is* a waste of time.