[lbo-talk] The unromantic side of Hamas

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:24:26 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't get it.  Marv goes out of his way to say how much he admires Hass,
> that he's been reading her for years, and then he points to her bio. This is
> the response he gets?

Whatever. You've never witnessed the rhetorical device where someone praises as a way of discrediting them?* There's probably even a name for it.

"Brutus says [Caesar] was ambitious, and Brutus is an honourable man"

(*I'm not saying Marv did this; I took him as being sincere. Just pointing to the silliness of Dennis' "question.")