[lbo-talk] Read Ayn Rand

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 20:37:29 PDT 2010

One thing that interests me about the Rand movement is the utter cluelessness of a ruling elite that refers to her as a "philosopher." I mean, whether you agree with her or not, she was a (failed) Hollywood hack writer who created heroes in a quasi Nitzchean mold and told absurd fables.

j. ----- Original Message ----- From: "c b" <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:24:09 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Read Ayn Rand

<123hop wrote:

Actually, every one of you should read Ayn Rand.

Fountainhead is the better book, but Atlas Shrugged

is the full demented ball of wax.

You should read it to understand the whole phenomenon,

which is not going away any time soon.