[lbo-talk] profits

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:58:18 PDT 2010

Explicitly not tooting my own horn but did others here find the first three chapters difficult? Maybe it was who was teaching it (I'll always be indebted to Richie Schuldenfrei and Braulio Munoz), or maybe it was how I was raised (anti-reductionist spatial-thinking via dad's physics and mom's anthropology), but I remember that first reading as absolutely thrilling in its resonance with all kinds of questions and issues I didn't know were floating around unanswered or unexplored in the back of my mind. Surely, I didn't begin to capture the depth of the text but the method felt so so so right.

There are folks who've described my writing as Germanic, where dependent and expository clauses abound (though maybe this comes from hating grammar and refusing to learn how to diagram sentences in grade school). Others have said that German is better for and works more naturally with relational approaches. Is this what you were wondering about SA? Anyone?