[lbo-talk] profits

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:58:51 PDT 2010

not only the mundane to factory to reproduction and credit flow but also that it starts with an abstract universal and moves - in an almost call-and-response fashion - between abstraction, the historical transitions and immediate specifics... but, even more than that, each response calls forth new more complex but tightly interwoven responses which further alter the calls without dropping connection to prior rounds, abstractions and specificities... there was no way to keep track of it all but it gave me goosebumps and frissons of ecstatic insight that I couldn't help bringing to bear on an ever-widening range of other materials, personal experience, etc.

Of course, I went seriously overboard when it came to connecting those insights to all sorts of relationships operating at any number of levels and subsequent mentors, colleagues and girlfriends were awful nice (if, necessarily, sometimes kinda rough) in pointing out how deep and incomplete the waters I was swimming in had become....