[lbo-talk] marijuana 'legalization' as 'primitive accumulation'

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Aug 20 16:10:11 PDT 2010

It has appeared to me for quite some time that the state is in the process of taking control of the drug stream via a 'legalization' process. Drug trade has not been free of state intervention (via enforcement of 'drug laws'), but it appears that the state is now determined to absorb the developed trade into it's revenue stream - selling licenses to produce, distribute and consume, as well as taxing the sales.

I guess my question is - does it matter in any ethical sense?

martin