[lbo-talk] WikiLeaks: What is it good for?

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun Aug 22 06:48:41 PDT 2010

>From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

>It seems to me you have said everything that needs to be said! Politics
>grounded in "finding secrets" isn't politcs at all. It's a parlor game.

I agree with your assessment of "finding secrets" as politics. What's significant is that facts--or propaganda, if you prefer--can be irrevocably published. That's new and can be turned to good advantage. The video of Oscar Grant's murder by the BART police is a good example.

Thanks,

John A

http://www.arkansawyer.com/wordpress/