[lbo-talk] letter to editor

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:27:04 PDT 2010

[WS:] No I do not think it was a minor inconvenience back then - it was a major inconvenience at the time when the empire's managers could least afford it, due to foreign pressure. It would probably a major inconvenience today as well, but today the state managers can afford suppressing or drowning it in noise because they do not face the same foreign pressure.

BTW, why don't you American lefties stop navel gazing and see that you are a rather small cog in much bigger world system?

Wojtek

^^^^^^^ CB: Yeah, I was going to say Wojtek says clearly in his letter that he is filling in a gap in an article that he praises. So, Wojtek is not saying that the Cold War was the only or even the main cause of progressive successes in that period. Implicitly, Wojtek recognizes the domestic struggles were "causes" and that they were aided by the international Communist and National Liberation movements.