[lbo-talk] letter to editor

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 09:32:09 PDT 2010

Yeah, that's pretty much what the author said and what Savio said. I wonder why it was that young white people were willing to die for black people in this country. I can't see that happening today.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:27:34 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] letter to editor

123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Speaking of that period, I just read a good bio of Mario Savio and the free speech movement. Apparently Savio got radicalized by going to Mississippi and working with the civil rights movement.

Joanna, you have summarized the first half of the 60s. EVERYTHING flowed from this.   The whole movement was radicalized by the experience of so many of its members in Mississipppie.