[lbo-talk] letter to editor

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:09:55 PDT 2010

Joanna wrote:

> Carrol, can you recommend any good books on the period?

http://michigancitizen.com/uprising-p4778-106.htm

http://michigancitizen.com/prophet-of-possibility-pt-i-p6172-106.htm

http://michigancitizen.com/detroit-honors-imari-obadele-p8727-1.htm

http://www.southendpress.org/2004/items/Detroit

Since its publication in 1975, Detroit: I Do Mind Dying has been widely recognized as one of the most important books on the black liberation movement and labor struggles in the United States.

Detroit: I Do Mind Dying tells the remarkable story of the Dodge Revolutionary Union Movement, based in Detroit, and the League of Revolutionary Black Workers, two of the most important political organizations of the 1960s and 1970s.