[lbo-talk] letter to editor

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 26 15:03:46 PDT 2010

I think Charles is essentially correct in his account of the CP & anti-racism. I don't remember my source for this, but I recall hearing that J. Edgar Hoover claimed you could recognize a Commist because they were comfortable with Negroes. We had a young Black woman in the ISU SDS. When she mentioned to her mother that she was working with communists, her mother (who had moved to Chicago from Mississippi) merely remarked that she had heard good things about them!

Carrol