[lbo-talk] Fw: History is being made in South Africa

Ricky Page rfpage2008 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 08:56:36 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ---- From: "ericlee at labourstart.org" <ericlee at labourstart.org> To: rfpage2008 at yahoo.com Sent: Fri, August 27, 2010 11:15:39 PM Subject: History is being made in South Africa

Where trade unionists start their day on the net. History is being made this week with the largest strike ever to take place in Africa.   LabourStart has up-to-date and comprehensive coverage here. Hundreds of you have signed up to the new version of UnionBook in the last several days and the site has really come alive.  If you haven't yet been there, I urge you to check it out today -- and to spread the word.

And if you support the striking workers in South Africa, please join the group we've set up on UnionBook. Post your solidarity messages there.  Let's show the South African workers that they have the support of the entire international labour movement.

One of the lessons we've learned as move over to the new version of UnionBook is the value of great software.  That's the subject of my weekly podcast on labour and technology which you can listen to here. You can also hear it on iTunes.

Finally, trade unionists around the world are being asked to support ending child labour in the context of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG).  Please take a moment to read and sign the online petition.

Have a great weekend.

Eric Lee Check out our home page for breaking labour news from around the world. All our current active campaigns are here -- make sure you've signed up to all of them. LabourStart needs your support - please donate today! Join our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter. Spread the word - pass on this message to your co-workers and fellow union members. To unsubscribe, >>> To change your address, >>>