[lbo-talk] Life

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 05:59:36 PST 2010

After laboring through Mandelbrot's "The (Mis)behavior of Markets," about two-thirds of which I understood, I decided I needed some candy so I started Keith Richards' "Life." So I'm reading it this morning on the Metro, covering my mouth while I laugh. Here's one of the less funny bits:

" . . . Carter (their lawyer -- mbs) asks the top official (in the Nixon Administration, then trying to keep the Stones out of the country. -- mbs) to meet Mick and judge for himself, and of course Mick charms the pants off him. Mick is really the most versatile bloke. Why I love him. He can hold a philosophical discussion with Sartre in his native tongue. Mick's very good with the locals."