[lbo-talk] INSTANT POPULISM: A short history of populism old and new

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:18:57 PST 2010

Mark Rickling

Yet somehow you never seem to see modes of thought or movements that employ the terms "capitalist" and "worker" derided as populist. But I agree; in American context doesn't make much sense to use the word when an economy based on semi-subsistence farming isn't even a distant memory.

^^^^^ CB: What a good point to make for this thread. A little class breakdown of the working people does wonders. Workers and peasants , unite ! We needed a Farm/Labor Party before Big Ag's monopoly power made the small farmers extinct.

Tea Partiers are not family farmers, and therefore , not "populists".