[lbo-talk] Ravitch v. Gates

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:01:14 PST 2010

Mark: "I would like to say that Bill Gates is wrong in using his business experience to reform academic and educational institutions. Academic and educational endeavors have nothing to do with private-profit seeking process. Being a humongous capitalist does not necessarily qualify him to give orders to teachers and educational systems."

[WS:] Man, this is the US of A - business is god here. My wife is a school teacher and according to her the "business model" in education is the universally accepted by the administration mantra - even in relatively liberal places like Maryland and DC. Bill Gates merely parrots the collective 'wisdom" of the US establishment (which seems to be his modus operandi anyway.)

Wojtek