[lbo-talk] Billy Joel

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:07:03 PST 2010

On 12/7/2010 3:36 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 12:28 PM 12/7/2010, SA wrote:
>
>> Billy Joel is better than 90% of the indie crap my friends make me
>> listen to.
>

> There is much more in heaven and earth than Billy Joel and indie
> crap. Crap is crap.

Sure, but crap is different from okay. If I'm stuck in a waiting room and it's playing that awful genre of whiny 90s guitar-based guy-rock (what is that called?), it's almost too painful to endure. Whereas if "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" comes on, I'm basically glad - even though there's no jouissance in it. Distinctions must be made.

Yet there's something about BJ that drives people crazy. He's like somebody's dad who showed up at the party wearing a fanny pack.

SA