[lbo-talk] Billy Joel

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 7 20:21:34 PST 2010

And does not this whole thread go far to confirm both my polemic against criticism but also the line that elicited the ughs? Criticism as practiced on this list (and in most contexts fulfills the same function in regards to all resistance movements that the Clean With Gene served in respect to the anti-war movement. It draws off enery from thinking and acting into mere caterwauling, pretentiously dignified with criticism, which is a euphemism for avoiding critique and action.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Claxton Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:30 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Billy Joel

At 06:13 PM 12/7/2010, Seth Kulick wrote:

>I once believed in causes too
>I had my pointless point of view
>And life went on no matter who was wrong or right
>---------
>
>ugh.

Double ugh. Rosenbaum said Joel's Always a Woman is a shitty copy of Dylan's Just Like a Woman (both lousy songs I think).

Angry Young Man sounds like a shitty copy of Dylan's My Back Pages.