[lbo-talk] "Ruling Class" as Agent?????

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 10 10:42:27 PST 2010

Matthias Wasser: But it's been really fascinating to see the public discourse among the political class, which has framed the question explicitly in terms of what's necessary to "save capitalism."

But they identify "capitalism" with the particular interests and activities of business in a particular nation at a particular time.

I doubt any of them has put it this way: What can we do to save the Wages system?

To abolish capitalism (to stand on its grave till we're sure it is dead) the working class must abolish itself. One can abolish one particular capitalist class after another, but capitalISM will survive as long as labor power is exchanged for wages.

Carrol