[lbo-talk] "Ruling Class" as Agent?????

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:47:11 PST 2010

> The whole thesis of both US parties as parties of big business would
> be nonsense if "big business" did not have a centralized and conscious
> way of running them. How is it that the DP and RP just happen to act
> so thoroughly as agents of big capital ? It's more than "structural"
> ; and the "structure" did not self-organize. It was put into place by
> class conscious people.
>
> CB

This is exactly backwards: "class conscious people" are a product of capitalist social structure. I will once again make the essential and throughly Marxist point that you cannot understand how capitalism works by analyzing the psychological characteristics of individuals.

Miles

^^^^ CB: You are mistaken that I am referring to psychological characteristics of individuals above. I am referring to the social actions of a social class, a group; and their shared ideology. So, your criticism does not apply to what I say.

Also, what I say above is quite an "essential and thoroughly Marxist point" itself.