[lbo-talk] "Ruling Class" as Agent?????

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:50:02 PST 2010

Mike Beggs wrote:

> For me the lesson of the crisis has been how strong conservative
> ideology around balanced budgets etc has remained, even among the
> technocrats, even though it's systemically dysfunctional.

^^^^^ CB: I don't know. American conservatives seem to flip flop opportunistically on this. In Goldwater's time , balanced budget was a big conservative thing. Then when Reagan doubled the national debt from the beginning of the Republic, not a peep out of conservatives. Then Clinton balanced the budget; and Bush ran it up again without complaints from conservatives. Now, balancing the budget is important to conservatives again.

They are pretty blatant phonies/fakes/liars for anyone who pays attention.