[lbo-talk] protest Obama

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:49:12 PST 2010

Carrol: "I think I have often repeated something like, "The DP exists primarily to absorb, deflect, dilute mass political activity at almost any cost."

[WS:] That sound to me like too far-fetched. This country has not experienced any mobilization since the end of the Vietnam War, so there is nothing to be defused here. Consumerism and marketing do a far better job in lulling the populace into a slumber than any politician can possibly do.

A far more plausible explanation is that O and his administration play it safe and avoid taking any risks (which is what most employees do anyway.)

Your recriminations of the Democrat party sound like that of a child telling his mother that he hates her because she did not buy him a toy that he wanted. Grow up and face the reality - the ruling elite faces many threats, but the puny American left and its empty threats of mass mobilization are not one of them.

Wojtek