[lbo-talk] centrists gather: yuck

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 13 19:28:57 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:17 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> I figure that he would be around the same as most of the other rich guys who buy their way in: they get there and find out that politics isn't like the Board Room, and then they're stuck for a few years being a lame duck.

Well he is in his third term as NYC mayor, so he's probably familiar with all that. Still, he could be a lot worse. On the major stuff - budget and land use - no Dem would have been significantly different from him. He's given the city workers decent contracts too. And city operations, on a day-to-day basis, are the best I remember, and no one's gone to jail for corruption. We could do a lot worse, and short of a very different popular configuration, we couldn't do much better.

Doug