[lbo-talk] centrists gather: yuck

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 13 21:54:41 PST 2010

Doug asks:

>> I hope you don't care about your gawker password ...
>
> It was my usual very low-security password - and it was
> in the list of compromised identities. Changed it, but
> what was the risk?

If it's the same user/password combintion on other sites -- like twitter, for instance -- then you should change them all, because the folks who got them tried the same combinations on a lot of other sites.

As much of a pain in the butt as it is, you shouldn't use the same username/password combination in more than one place.

/jordan