[lbo-talk] getting back to criticism

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 01:06:16 PST 2010

DH:

"there is that Motorhead video where they beat up the bankers"

JG:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention the other day. I love it. While lecturing on popular hostility to the financial elite, I showed it to my (Korean) students today. They were quite dumbfounded. Maybe the violence was a bit too much for them? Or Lemmy's moles?

The bankers depicted are a wonderful postmodern update of the "fat cat" caricature. And what about (guitarist) Phil Campbell's outfit? His hat looks like it came straight out of _Mean Streets_. Fabulous.