[lbo-talk] Senate votes to repeals DADT - Get yr war on gay boys 'n girls

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:06:39 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Wojtek S wrote:
> So basically gays won the right to be cannon fodder for the empire.  What is
> there so progressive about it to celebrate?

While I also question the relative worth of simply and only repealing DADT, I do so for different reasons.

There was an earlier, WW1-era ban on gays in the military. DADT modified that earlier policy. But doesn't repealing DADT cause the earlier ban to take force once again? Does it depend on the wording in DADT and how it modified the earlier ban? It looks like two steps forward, three steps back to me.

Percy