[lbo-talk] Private vs. public ownership

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 05:47:49 PST 2010

[WS:] Personally, I do not think that ownership matters that much as far as organization's performance is concerned, but that is not the point here.

The point is that the stooges of capitalism relentlessly hammered the point that private is beautiful and now everyone, even liberals, believe it even though it is utter nonsense in some situations. So you either do the same and hammer the point that private sucks, or you become irrelevant. Rational arguments will not give you any traction here.

Capitalist propaganda is winning, because they are not afraid making the most idiotic and preposterous clams, knowing that their opponents will swallow the bait and try to reason against them - which only increases the circulation of that bullshit. A lie repeated thousands of time becomes received wisdom. So instead of debunking what Sarah Palins, Glen Becks and Rush Limbaughs babble, a better strategy in my opinion is to ignore them and keep making anti-capitalist claims (justified or not.)

Public discourse is an oxymoron - the only thing that matters is who shouts louder. Arguing with right wing demagoguery is a waste of time - and on this point I am 100% with Carrol. The only way to counter them is to let Comrade Mauser talk, figuratively speaking.

Wojtek