[lbo-talk] A holiday card for everyone on lbo-talk and Pen-l

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 25 17:42:44 PST 2010

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of 123hop at comcast.net Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:23 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] A holiday card for everyone on lbo-talk and Pen-l

No, no, no. No attach.

Just commenting on the apologetic/defensive tone the left ritually adopts when wishing to say Merry Xmas.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gar Lipow" <gar.lipow at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:15:34 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] A holiday card for everyone on lbo-talk and Pen-l

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 25, 2010, at 1:17 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> I gotta say....all this lefty underwear in a knot thing about xmas is
....dismaying.

> Couldn't agree more. I love the holidays. Love, pleasure, peace. Just
ignore all the monetized crap.

So where does the left "underwear knot" come from in this conversation? I sent two holiday cards. I would say the first fits under peace and if not love then reconciliation: http://www.nohairshirts.com/rebXmas/holidaycards5.html

The second was a humorous response to a request for a more "paganny" take http://nohairshirts.com/CthulhuMas/Cthulhumas.htm

They were both a pleasure for me to make. I hope some of you found them a pleasure to read.

Nor did I see anyone else in the conversation putting down Xmas. Maybe someone misinterpreted Doug's comment as an attack? -- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com