[lbo-talk] Inside job

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 27 09:23:47 PST 2010

I hadn't read this when I wrote my post, but I see that Inailed Wojtek's fundamental ignorance of what capitalism _is_ == and identified the political futility grounded in that ignorance. It is the same conception of capitalism, incidentally, that capitalists hold (who do not understand Mdarx even if they read and use him). They too believe that all depends on the right people being in charged. (In this sense, they resemble Trotskyists.)

Incidentally, someone could write a fat book on Pound's _Cantos_ using Wojtek's phrase as his or her key: " incapacitating a handful of people forming the vanguard party of finance capital will do." It made a great epic, but it makes for lousy politics. Whatever Wojtek is, he is _not_ a deliberate apologist for capitalism, but here he states the central ideology which contributes to keeping capitalism going. The academic economists he sneers at may help the morale of some capitalists, but they have no great political impact. His delusion does since almost 300 million people believe it and act on it.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Shane Mage Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 10:03 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Inside job