[lbo-talk] Comments on the eurozone

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Thu Dec 30 14:41:50 PST 2010

I am commenting on a subject despite my limited knowledge. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Michael Perelman

You might find it interesting and possibly helpful to look into Alexandre Kojeve. I found him in my background reading on Strauss, and mediated on the relationship between Uni Chicago economics and Uni Chicago political philosophies. I think a clearer relationship would emerge, if I could stand to read more than a few pages of Hayek. Here is the wiki:

``Alexandre Kojève (Russian: ????????? ???????????? ??????????, Aleksandr Vladimirovic Kozevnikov; April 28, 1902 - June 4, 1968) was a Russian-born French Hegelian philosopher and statesman whose philosophical seminars had an immense influence on twentieth-century French philosophy, and on his student the American philosopher Allan Bloom. As a statesman in the French government, he was instrumental in the creation of the European Union. Kojève was a close friend of, and was in life-long philosophical dialogue with, Leo Strauss.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Koj%C3%A8ve

You probably don't want to go through all this reading, but scratch the surface, maybe you can find an easier to make connection than I did.

Thinking back, wasn't it the UK who resisted joining? Maybe there are some labor friendly UK writers...

CG