[lbo-talk] Agency and Capitalism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 31 10:27:47 PST 2010

There is a necessary gap between theory and practice. We are trying here to theorize the capitalist system. NO particular political program follows from this. And in particular, no basis for judgment of individual workers follows from it. (That leads back to those labeled lifestyle anarchists.

But all this also gestures towards what might be labeled the Luxemburg-Benjamin-Tamas-Lowy perspective: We really might not be able to pull it off. Barbarism may be the name of where we are and where we will be.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Bill O'Connor Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 10:17 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Agency and Capitalism