[lbo-talk] Agency and Capitalism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 31 15:45:17 PST 2010

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Adam Proctor Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 12:44 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Agency and Capitalism

Carroll Said: "NO particular political program follows from this."

Then what the hell are we doing here? If no concrete political trajectory flows from the logic of the worker in capitalism, then perhaps that is more a result of your (or someone else's) faulty logic rather than some inherent "drive to barbarism" to which you seem fatalistically bound.

Clearly, nowhere in Marxism do you find an advocation of "lifestyle politics" or "radical individualism". But you also do not find a concretely necessary connection between "theory" and "practice"--though those notions were never used, nor accepted by Marx.

So, which Strawman are we fighting against again?