[lbo-talk] Prospects and consequences of a devalued USD

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Feb 1 09:51:51 PST 2010

That's a good explanation of the deeper trend. My sense is there is a lot of closed door consensus and collusion going on between the Fed, PBOC, and other central banks about the need to gradually diversify out of the USD, which a freely convertible and revalued yuan/renminbi would greatly facilitate. But, as you suggest, there are entrenched economic interests and trading patterns in the world economy which are inhibiting that shift.