[lbo-talk] Darwinian evolution only part of story?

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:56:14 PST 2010

mep wrote:

No one may have specifically used the word "orthodoxy" but it's difficult, if not impossible, to avoid the impression from reading the thread that something new and challenging to the existing consensus on evolutionary theory or biology is occuring. Aside from the subject line in the thread there's the implied scientific resistence (at least recent resistence) to HGT's role in evolution, since among other things we were told that "valid theories don't immeadiately take hold" but now these these ideas about the role of HGT may be "catching on".

Now that we've reached the almost inevitable stage of internet debate when parsing and re-parsing (and parsing yet again) one another's meanings and potential meanings have become our SOP, I think it's time to call it a day.

Nothing new and challenging to the existing consensus on evolutionary theory or biology is occurring. I was over-excited.

Now if you gentlemen will excuse me, I'm off to begin a road trip to Los Angeles in a borrowed BMW M class. As I power along lost highways, hallucinating Robert Blake in the rear view, I'll un-ponder the non-implications of what has not occurred.

Buena Suerte!

.d.