[lbo-talk] uh-oh! too much regulation!!

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Feb 3 06:13:40 PST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 7:51 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So if the masses really love specific regulations, why is there
> almost no political evidence of that? Yeah, the elite really
> constrains democracy, but the system isn't totally closed. You'd
> think there might be some electoral punishments for opponents of reg
> and rewards for proponents. I don't see any.
>
> Sometimes I think that many on the left see the masses as some
> radical sleeping giant just waiting for an alarm to ring. They
> aren't, you know.

Or else the "masses," inarticulate but not stupid (unlike so many liberals), understand that the regulators and the regulated are in bed together and will be so as long as the "golden rule" applies. If there were more examples of disinterested and democratic regulation perhaps attitudes would be other.

Shane Mage

> Herakleitos of Ephesos

"L'après-vie, c'est une auberge espagnole. L'on n'y trouve que ce qu'on y a apporté."

Bardo Thodol