[lbo-talk] Enough With the China Shtick Already!

RicardoStarkey at aol.com RicardoStarkey at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 18:53:07 PST 2010

In a message dated 2/2/2010 7:16:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ddclaxton at earthlink.net writes:

"I don't think Chris gets his point. He keeps falling back on "I was just trying to define a word" which, to borrow your phrase, is bogus."

Just thought I'd add a small, but, I think, relevant point. Comrade Doss was perhaps too persistent, but I believe he was trying to stick to the facts.

The Russian word for "Jew" that Chris "was just trying to define" can be transliterated "yevryeiy" (pronounced *like* yevRAY). It can be secondarily translated as "Hebrew," and the two words are distantly related, as one might guess upon close examination. I think this is a small point in Chris's favor. In Cyrillic, "Jew" looks *like* this (I don't have Cyrillic on this keyboard): eBpeu. The letter that looks like our "p" is pronounced like our "r."