[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1122, Issue 4

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:32:31 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:54 PM, brad bauerly <bbauerly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, Arizona and New Mexico are both Democratic states, which isn't much
> but seems to be the metrix by which people here are debating this. I have
> lived in both, as well as in Montana. After Montana we moved to Boston,
> which I would consider the most conservative place that I ever lived. So
> much for the density = progressive nonsense.

Well I presently live in Arizona, and it doesn't seem quite accurate to call it a "Democratic" state. Overall, with exceptions, it seems to lean pretty hard to the right. Both Senators are Republicans, McCain and Kyle. Gov. Napolitano, preceded by Republicans, was of course recruited by Obama to leave Leut. gov. Brewer, a Republican as Governor. As far as I can tell, southern Arizona congr. districts lean a little more to the left, Grivala is part of the progressive caucus. Other than that, the rest of the state and especially the Phoenix area with Maricopa county that continually elects that far-right sheriff Arapio is dominated by Republicans.