[lbo-talk] uh-oh! too much regulation!!

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:27:22 PST 2010

> If you're accepting, for argument, that D=progressive, then the
> correlation with density is solid, your personal experience aside.

It does? I don't have time to look it up now, but if you take say Montana v. Georgia, which one is denser and which one is more Democratic? Ditto Colorado v. Virginia. I think historically it might have been true, but the political winds are changing. The most reactionary area I have recently set foot in is up-state NY (sorry). Rustbelt reactionism is very strong and of a particularly ugly sort.

Anyway, it is kind of pointless to use Democratic voters as a means to measure true progressive politics. The most reactionary area I have recently set foot in is up-state NY (sorry). Rustbelt reactionism is very strong and of a particularly ugly sort. What I said about Arizona was based more on what I would mean by progressive v. conservative, whereby Mass is much more liberal-conservative than Arizona.

Brad