[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1122, Issue 4

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 4 12:41:26 PST 2010

The other day, Michael Yates wrote:

> Engage the people. Act with them when you can. Write for them and as
> one of them, not about them.

I've been thinking about this. Michael, you devoted a few hundred words to a critique of how many/most Americans think and act. Then you say we should write as one of them. But you don't make membership in the group seem very attractive. Though this may sound blunt, I ask this with a great deal of admiration for what you do: how are you one of them?

Doug