[lbo-talk] a new low

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Feb 6 07:36:56 PST 2010

At 05:52 PM 2/4/2010, John Thornton wrote:
>MICHAEL YATES wrote:
>>If military service is at the heart of citizenship, then citizenship in
>>the US must be the equivalent of murder.
>>
>>What a stupid fool! It is remarkable that people won't admit that
>>soldiers are trained killers, period.
>
>Huge numbers of people in the military never even learn to hold or even
>fire a weapon let alone become trained killers.
>I don't have the actual numbers but from my previous experience in the
>military I don't see how the category of "not a trained killer" could
>constitute less than 60% of all military personnel.
>Few soldiers are trained killers. Most do jobs little different from
>non-military jobs.

most of the folks i know go through basic weapons training in boot camp, even Navy.

lately, i've been doing laundry at the military base where it's cheaper. we haven't bothered to buy a w&d because i'm job hunting so may just have to move again. it's a real hoot to watch all these guys doing their laundry, whether 18 or 38. the military fold requirements of boot camp seem far more insidious than learning how to shoot a pistol!

shag