[lbo-talk] weimar shadows

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 7 07:29:39 PST 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:
>
> > But the teabaggers are an incipient fascist movement
>
> I really don't buy that. They're just a somewhat nuttier iteration of
> old American nonsense. It's like something out of Hofstadter come alive.
>
> Doug

Doug's and Marvin's positions are not necessarily incompatible. They aren't a movement _at all_ by themselves -- as Doug says. But if the conditons for some sort of mass rightist movement ("fascist"?)arose, such fragments would be among the material of that movement. For the present, however, I think entirely too much attention is being paid them.

Carrol