[lbo-talk] platform

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 8 15:21:09 PST 2010

[The use of "productive" is classically populist, but the rest of this is pretty standard-issue right-wing boilerplate. How is someone who believes these sorts of things amenable to sweet-talking from the left?]

IOWA TEA PARTY PATRIOTS: “Whereas, the Federal Government...continues with failed so-called 'bailouts’ that force productive members of the economy and citizens to finance unproductive businesses, is advancing dangerous 'Cap & Trade’ legislation that will destroy millions of jobs, skyrocket prices, and further damage the American Economy; is advancing hugely expensive and inefficient government run health care; is using one-time so-called “stimulus” money to fund ongoing expenses; continues to place much greater tax burdens on their citizens... Be it resolved, as a tax-paying constituent, consider this a Petition of Grievance as a formal protest against these policies and the politicians who advance such destructive agendas.”

<http://www.desmoinesteaparty.org/mission.htm>

[On February 19th, 2009, Rick Santelli jokingly discussed holding a Chicago Tea Party in protest of the mortgage bailouts]

We envision a country where our leaders preserve and defend Constitutional principles through a limited federal and state government, a decrease in government spending, a cessation of over- taxation, a continuance of capitalism in its truest form, and a return to the principles and values that our founding fathers espoused when they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honors and our goal is to encourage all to do the same.

<http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Group/New_York_City_Tea_Party_-_TeaParty365

From Tea New York Posted 2/8/2010 9:38:24 AM

Hello Fellow Reformer --

TEA New York and the TP Coalition of Western New York is actively involved in an effort to recruit Carl Paladino for Governor. A developer with Ellicott Development Co., Carl is an outspoken, no-nonsense guy with a crass eloquence, the means and a proven record to get his message out -- which mirrors that of the Tea Party Movement. Carl has just the kind of voice we need at this critical juncture in time to address the enormous level of dysfunction in NYS government.

We need your feedback. Please let us know if a Carl Paladino candidacy is something your group can support. Carl has not yet made up his mind as he needs to know if the larger Upsate area will get behind him.

Carl Paladino here: http://www.carlpaladino.com/

Radio Interview here: http://www.wben.com/Paladino-Considers-Independent-Run-For-Governor/6276852

In the News here: http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/944284.html http://albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net/blogs/2010/02/02/carl-paladino-for-governor/#comments http://teanewyork.com/

Please contact us ASAP at info at teanewyork.com and let us know where you stand. Thank you! TeaNewYork.com Jul @ 716.444.8908