[lbo-talk] weimar shadows

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 9 20:20:46 PST 2010

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Doug asked:
>
> I can't speak for Joanna, but how long a political conversation could
> you have with a birther?

If there are bystanders, the situation changes. When I have staffed literature tables, etc, I had two different response to minutemen, birchers, miscellaneous riff-raff. If there was no audience, I told to fuck off before I sicced the campus cops on them. If there were bystanders, i.e., an audience who might be affected, I could carry on a polite conversation with any shithead indefinitely. Mostly they got bored.

Carrol