[lbo-talk] Clinton's modest proposal (Was: weimar shadows)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 10 19:00:02 PST 2010

I knew prison labor was no big deal.

But the employment of prison guards is. The building of prisons is.

And keeping all those men and women off the labor market is not minor.

And the politics. There was atremendous hullabaloo over the state's plan to close the Pontiac Prison, and it worked. The state kept a miserable wreck of a place to beneefit employment in Pontiac.

Carrol