[lbo-talk] 2.5 Years after Israeli Supreme Court Order: Path of the Wall in Bil'in to Be Moved

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Thu Feb 11 06:30:52 PST 2010

http://www.alternativenews.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2446:25-years-after-israeli-supreme-court-order-path-of-the-wall-in-bilin-to-be-moved&catid=119:english&Itemid=878

2.5 Years after Israeli Supreme Court Order: Path of the Wall in Bil'in to Be Moved

*Five years into anti-Wall struggle in Bil'in, Infrastructure work began yesterday to reroute the path of the barrier on the village's lands in accordance to an Israeli Supreme Court decision. *

Two and a half years after an Israeli Supreme Court decision deeming the path of the Wall on the lands of Bil'in illegal, preliminary infrastructure work to reroute the barrier in accordance with the ruling has finally began. Since the ruling, the state has twice been found in contempt of the court, for not implementing the decision.

Mohammed Khatib, the coordinator of the West Bank-wide Popular Struggle Coordination Committee and a member of the the Bil'in Popular Committee, said today that “The Supreme Court had already ruled this should happen almost three years ago and it should not have taken so long. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the only reason that this is finally happening now are the five years of persistent struggle and the scarifies the people of my village have made. While we are happy for the lands that do return, we do not forget the lands and crops that remain isolated behind the Wall. Our struggle will continue until all of our lands are returned and the Occupation is over.”

[...]